Wednesday, August 15, 2012

New World

EATING A BIG MEAL BEFORE HIS FIRST DAY


We started our new little world last week. I knew the moment my mom said she'd watch Turner it was such a blessing with me working. With Turner almost 2 1/2 it was time for the next step. Turner is transitioning slowly, but it's harder on me than him. They begin their day outside and I've been caught numerous times just staring outside from inside the classroom watching..(once by him and I quickly shot the other direction)..I just love seeing what he is doing.

His teacher is great. She tells me little details about his day that I knew I'd miss with not having my mom. She said the other day a student was upset and Turner tried to comfort him by patting his back and giving him his work. Last week, she said he quickly knew where to put something back and tried to help the others do the same (This doesn't surprise me since I catch myself numerous times asking Turner where I put something and he knows exactly where it is. He keeps me in line:)

His teacher says...:
1. He's shy and soft spoken --took till this week for him to actually say anything to them
2. Participates and listens to all directions
3. Eats everything they put in front of him
4. Goes right down for his nap and doesn't get up until he makes eye contact with her
5. Not standing by the window as much looking for us :)

BRUSHING HIS TEETH AND LOOKING NICE FOR SCHOOL


 My favorite parts of this new world is:
1. Picking out his clothes and shoes!
2. Seeing all the new things he's learning
3. Taking him to school while listening to music and talking about our day-he tells me when it's my turn to sing and dance-love it! (I put together a 'Turner's Ride' playlist on my phone just for our morning rides)
4. When asking if he had a good day and he replies, "YES!"

If I asked Turner..I think his favorite part would be his new backpack. He perks up when it's time to get that backpack-love it!

...I know there will be more, but right now I'm just trying to get up Township as he's pointing and whimpering in the backseat to take him home. I have to just put a smile on my face and tell him it's going to be so much fun! (He does have a blast once he's there and I am truly happy where he is..just different) We never have a problem leaving the house. He says bye bye, kisses Hooch and Popo and he's out the door! It's somewhere on Township he realizes it's not just to the store.

CHILL TIME OUTSIDE AFTER A LONG DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment