Thursday, May 10, 2012

Too Many Nights at Two with our Two Year Old, Turner

I'm tired.
 I feel like I have gone back to the 1st six months with Turner... (ok..not that bad because that is REALLY tired..this is just tired. :). Turner has always been the perfect 'go to bed and sleep until rise' kind of boy until recently. He won't go to sleep for me, screams at the top of his lungs around 2 am every morning until he is brought back to our bed until rise-n-shine. I think it's snowballed due to Addison not being able to tag team and help due to his broken knee, so bad habits have started. I do love the cuddle time in the morning...the tiny feet kicking my face here and there, and the pounds of Cheerios found in our bed due to wake up time with his milk... I have heard many two--year-olds do something like this....I hope he gets back into his groove soon. I quit trying to figure it out. It is what it is.


My favorite phrases he's saying right now.. "I try" "I help" "Ok, Mom" "Mom, Shh" as he places his finger to his lips. I've had a few discussions about this.
My favorite thing he's doing right now is "I hug" and he wants a long hug from me. I know I've mentioned this before a year or so ago, but he's back in full swing again. We will be in the middle of the store, getting into the car, changing diaper or reading a book and he will say, "I hug" He puts his hands out and we stop what we are doing and hug. He will push back and then pull back in. The. Sweetest. Thing. Ever. We were hugging the other day in the frozen aisle at Walmart (Like having to go around that wouldn't irritate someone...) I first felt rushed and started pushing away..but then I didn't. I will cherish that memory forever and I love  that he wants a hug. The lady trying to go around to get her ice cream will just have to wait a second..I'm hugging my son. :)

This was mom trying to be cool and give her child an ice cream cone. Needless to say...it was 1130 before he went to bed. That's what I get for trying ot be the 'cool' mom!

Loves his swingset!! We love pushing all his trucks down the slide.

Say hello to our turtle friend!
 I swear he will be a pet person of some sort...he's caught a fly, touches any critter he can get his hands on (This scares me), held a HUGE, HUGE moth today and loves to read and watch about animals!

Having a cup of warm tea to unwind the evening.

LOVES trying on my hats. He will go in my closet and come out with a different hat. He usually does this as his entertainment while I'm getting ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment