Sunday, October 2, 2011

Cafe Seifritz

We have hit a mark. Let me tell you...Turner has known for many months who will and won't do things for him..
He has my number. I think this is more of a confession that I have let the ball drop and it boils down to one thing-Patience.He may have won a 'few' battles as you are about to see...but as that famous saying goes- We will win the war.

Stuffing his face...gnawing on the food...and then spitting it out...

The stare down.

I was told I should have taken off the skin. He held it for about as long as I took the picture until he flung it to the floor..

Blueberry stains...but he LOVES blueberries...

So..when do 'table manners' trigger in the brain?


Dropping food on the floor.
(I know what you are thinking...Katy, put the camera down for two seconds and maybe you would get somewhere.) I finally decided to just take pictures so I could blog about it, but this is an accumulation of many, many nights at our home with me not holding the phone.

HE piles everything up in a nice pile when he says 'he's done' I thought this was cute the first few times, but now..not so much.

Then there are my childish behaviors. Yes, I did this to him because I thought it was funny. So you can see we can't blame the child. I just saw the 'Os' and then had the brilliant idea of putting them on his fingers..he thought it was hilarious!


Tonight he decided it would be funny to...
1. Brush his hair with his fork
2. Play tug of war with me and the fork
3. Use the fork to flick food on the floor and feed me..not him
4. 'Pretend eat' with the fork...
(Please ask me to give you more information about #4..it's quite comical)

I have it in my mind he can drink from any cup..like tonight a whole cup of water ended up on the couch because I let him have it. It did have a lid..but it was my tervis lid, not a sippy lid. To give the boy credit,  on numerous occasions he does this without spilling a drop.

He LOVES feeding me. I try to make it funny and then he thinks it's just more fun to feed me, so the bottom line is I'm getting quite large and he's still in the 5% for his weight. He weighs 21#.

Grandpa Turner..eating his Special K and drinking his prune juice.

The whole 'he loves feeding me thing' - this week he's started faking me out. He puts it halfway in my mouth and pulls it out quickly...laughs and then does it again. It's funny. I think he has my sense of humor.

Bananas...he loves..why we have prune juice...


bottom line...don't cry over spilled milk.
Or in my case, thinking you were pouring more tea...

 He will eventually eat, we have a dog who is well fed, and smiles to last through Breakfast..lunch..and dinner. Breakfast and lunch are a breeze--grandmama handles those :)


On a happier note! I have such a wonderful friend! I am very behind on my blogging, but had to post this when I saw the picture in my folder. It has been somewhat of a rough two months for Mum here, and Marcy sent a little happy my way! It made my day, makes me drink more coffee to stay awake and makes me look like a cute Hog fan! Way to go, Marcy. Thank you :)

As Turner would say...
You can pick your friends..you can pick your nose...just don't pick your friend's nose

No comments:

Post a Comment