Monday, July 11, 2011

Vacation

Seaside is a very pretty  town! We had eight days to explore and soak up the fun!
Strolling along Seaside!
Our first night we ate at one of my favorites: Great Southern (BEST Mojitos!) Turner was a champ. We had to wait for quite some time, sat inside with no air conditioning and at times no light. Aunt Natalie took over and occupied Tman during dinner. With the cirumstances, he was great and the food still was wonderful!

 Morning walks with Shugie to get the paper. He loved going on his stroll with Shugie. We tagged along this morning to the Farmer's Market. Loved it and Shugie got the best bread!
 Another Bubble Guppies moment. If we created one bad habit from a ten day vacation..it was Bubble Guppies. :)
 We had many play dates like the one below with Aunt Dannis. He cracked up when he was playing with her! She knew how to get that smile goign. He laughed and loved playing at the house. The house was perfect for him to run around. We played Apples to Apples (one of my favorites!), had some yummy dinners-(Cheese Fest my favorite), and ...well, watching Turner. I remember Uncle Caul asking, "Where's our entertainment?" while Turner was taking his nap. He is full of that!

 They have what is called 'Story by the Sea'  I wanted to take Turner of course! I was a little bummed to find out it wasn't actually by the ocean..but once we got there I was happy! It was kids from the local theatre and their story was all done through improvs--loved it! I was laughing and Turner just stood and watched the entire thing. It was great!

 Turner loved the pool and so did we. It was great surrounded by kids. I didn't have to give my teacher eye once! Kids seem to love hanging with me. I played many of the pool games right along with them. The parents asked me a few times if their child was bothering me. I said no. The next day when we showed up, two of the girls got out of the pool, ran to me and gave me hugs. Too sweet--I love kids!  We met some really sweet friends. At one point our friend, Mia (4 yrs. old), asked if she could give Turner a hug. I said sure. She then looked at me and said, "mmm..he's trying to bite me." I smiled and explained how he was trying to give her his special kisses. I will say Tman is quite the ladies' man! At the pool we had a new group of girls wanting to swim and play with Turner on many different occasions. Addison said if we built a pool, it would be just like the kiddie pool!

The below picture is of Daddy in the pool with Turner, I am relaxing on the chairs with a cold glass of wine. It was so cute watching Addison play with the kids. We had great talks with other parents and such! Many of the parents were loving Turner's floatie! They do crafts everyday in the family pool. There were few I wish Turner was a little bit older so I could of had an excuse to participate!

 We also went to the playground and did some serious swinging. It was nice because it was all shaded. Our friends met up with us while their Daddy did his workout routine..I just took over in my teacher mode and we played and had a good time!
Marcy gave me a gift certificate to Great Southern, so we had a breakfast date while the gang watched Turner! It was soooo good! I just wish I could have that every morning :)...

 We rotated Turner around at the restaurants while waiting. It doesn't matter how good of a toddler you have...over a 20 minute wait, they are done.
Aunt Lydia and Uncle Carl offered to sit in the back with Turner since I did it 24 hours total on a very little corner of the car. I was so happy they offered! I will say, they could start their own gig with the entertainment they did for Turner. I was laughing and entertained myself!

 Uncle Aaron loved carrying Tman on his shoulders! Uncle Aaron and I have very similar qualities on the worrying aspect. I love having someone on my team! :) He's so  sweet when it comes to Turner. He is always looking out for him!
 "Just give me my cottage cheese and I'll be ok! ..and don't even think of taking my pink maraca away from me!"

 This is such an old mom pose!
I asked Aunt Natalie to take a picture of me with my pina colada :). Aunt Natalie and I hung with Turner while the rest of the family went and had dinner. It was fun sitting on the lawn and eating while Turner ran araound with the kids! (Had some YUMMY fried pickles!) We headed home when Turner pooped...hot Florida weather, I just go home to change him :).
We did some relaxing

The rocking John Deere tractor..let's just say he LOVED it. Picture what you see here and then the rest of the gang surrounding him just laughing and smiling! He was riding it like a bull!

 This picture is out of order..but forgot about it and just love it.
 Being patriotic! Clapping for the air show above..again..loving the sky! (Again, out of order!)


 This was the light torch I bought him--Bang! bang! Bam! Bam!
We ate at the Red Bar. I had the best meal (besides Georges). It's worth the wait!
A jazz band was playing inside right in front of our table. Turner was doing great the entire time they played. He had his little jazz head moving, clapping..once they stopped..he was ready to move on! This boy loves his music.
 The picture of the year... love this!
The last night was perfect! The atmosphere and the best scallops ever! We sat outside so Turner was great and loved it.
The girls!
I love my sis-in-laws!
 Best husband and son a girl could ask for!
(Again..ssshh on my little 'dressing' secret:)..and yes, those are shorts Turner is wearing. :)
The entire gang! What a great looking bunch!!
Like I said in a previous post, they were a lot of fun! As I've said in MANY posts in the past, we are very thankful to have the family we have!

 Many wonderful pictures, moments, and fun!
2011 Seaside vacation was a great time.
Happy Summer!
"Vacation all I ever wanted. Vacation had to get away. Vacation never meant to be spent alone"
It's almost 'that' time of year again..but for now, I'll keep looking back at the beach pictures and relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment