Monday, July 11, 2011

Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go

Family Vacation!!!
(We can see who needs to spend just a 'little' time on the beach soaking up the rays!)
I traveled this road to Seaside last summer, but Turner was only 3 months old, so I was curious how a one year old would do on the same route... Turner was amazing! We broke up the trip on the way down there into 7 hours and on the way back did it all in one stretch. I sat in the back with him to cater to his every need. I came well prepared..well..so I thought. I downloaded many NickJr. videos to the Ipad for full entertainment..only one was on there..I got a little nervous except  he watched it and FELL IN LOVE WITH IT! IT was Bubble Guppies: Ducks in a Row. He not only watched it the whole way down there..he watched it at least four times a day..he became obsessed! So, the 'oops' I made turned out ok because he didn't mind watching the same one over and over. I even downloaded others when we got to the hotel for the next 6 hour stretch and he did not care for them. LUCKILY for us (and the rest of the extended family) it's a really cute show and we all enjoyed watching it!
We found Turner milk and I was super excited!

 Munched on his snacks and watched some videos.
 He was a little high maintenance and needed as much shade as possible with the bright sun..:) We had a discussion about 'tinting' my windows during this time.
 Played some games...
 Kept this happy face most of the way down there and back
 At some points I would turn on some music and play my picture slideshow. He touched the screen at this picture and just kept it there for a few minutes. Too cute! (It's his girlfriend, Campbell)
 Snuggled with his giraffe to fall asleep. When he started to get tired all we had to do was turn on good ole' Keller Williams kid tunes and he would snooze away.
 Studied up about the ocean to be well prepared.
 Danced along to Bubble Guppies!
 Played, Where's the pickle?!?
 Laughed at ALL of my jokes and silly songs. I could turn this into a paying gig!
We made it!!! 1st official picture of the fam on the beach! We waited patiently for this. He was great on his naps while we were down there. He would take a huge 2-21/2 hour nap every morning, so we were itching to head to the beach by the time he woke up!
We had priorities and figured a way to get cooler in the cart so it didn't have to be carried.
 Chillin' on the beach...


 Eating pickles...

We made it and ready for a fun week vacation!
Shugie loves Seaside and invited us to stay in a beautiful house with many wonderful, fun things to do there. We had the village to spend time with and hang with Turner. Aunt Natalie, Aunt Lydia and Uncle 'Carl', Uncle Aaron and Aunt Dannis! Vacation is for sure different when you have a little one. Yes, I brought five books and 10 magazines to relax with...(and everyone knows how many I finished without me even telling you), yes, we were up at the same time as we were at home, but I wouldn't change any of it to seeing Turner's face when the waves came crashing,  his fascination with Bubble Guppies, the sunny bike rides, morning strolls with Shugie, his sweet reaction to firworks, playing with his friends in the pool, swing time, his love for snowcones and him being able to spend time with family!  Vacation is another one of those good changes because it's different from past vacations, but so much more amazing because you are seeing it played out through your child. 
I loved seeing Turner on vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment